Friday, May 22, 2015
Clubs, Sports, and Office Hours
- Roleplaying Society Meets Friday after school in room 217.
- Today the baseball team will travel to Broad Ripple Park to play Broad Ripple High School. The team will be dismissed at 3:45. Players are reminded that we will leave tomorrow at 7 am for our tournament in Ft Wayne.
- Any Model UN delegates that did not attend yesterday’s final meeting should stop by Mr. Bilbrey’s room to grab information about next year’s Chicago conference, as well as sign up for a shift at this year’s Talbot Street Art Fair Pedal & Park fundraiser.
- Congratulations to Noah Grammer for becoming the 1st male athlete and 1st track athlete in Herron High School history to advance to Regionals. Noah took 3rd last night in the 300 hurdles at the IHSAA Sectionals! Come cheer him on at Regionals next Thursday at North Central at 5 p.m.
- Congratulations to the boys’ track team for a great season! Many athletes set school records and personal records. We are so proud of you!
- Attention Juniors: Aspire for Diversity: A Franklin College Event will be held Saturday, June 6, 2015 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Skyline Club, downtown. The event will speak generally to making sure multicultural students are on track when it comes to the college search process as well as specifically to Franklin College’s admissions process, financial aid and student life as a multicultural student. The best part? Students who attend will receive a $500 Aspire Grant upon enrollment at Franklin College!
- Interested in learning more about the law profession? See Mrs. Dorsey for information about a FREE camp in Indianapolis – the Summer Legal Institute.
- The International Club invites all Achaeans to join us this Saturday from 3-6 p.m. for art, music, food, and fun at the Indy Russian Festival at University High School in Carmel. Contact Mr. Wetzel for details.
Kai ta loipa
- All 3D artworks from the Arts Festival must be picked up from Norris’s classroom, Russell 202, by the end of today or they will be thrown away.
- Congratulations to the following freshmen class officers:
- Secretary- Brodey Gregory
- Treasurer- Isabelle Benson
- Vice-President- Braya Daratony
- President- Jack Peyton