Thursday, May 28, 2015
Clubs, Sports, and Office Hours
- Congratulations to the girls softball team and boys baseball team for a great season!
- Come cheer Noah Grammer on at Regionals tonight. He will be racing in the 300 hurdles at North Central at 6.
- The Spring awards ceremony will be tomorrow night in the cafeteria at 6.
- Ms. Johnson is holding extra extended office hours this afternoon until 4 p.m. to finish Icon Paintings.
- Attention, Model UN delegates: please stop by Mr. Bilbrey’s room to sign up for the Talbot Street Art Fair Pedal & Park fundraiser scheduled for Sunday, June 14. We still need a few people for the afternoon shifts. All money raised will help cover the cost of next year’s Chicago conference trip!
- Attention Juniors: Aspire for Diversity: A Franklin College Event will be heldSaturday, June 6, 2015 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Skyline Club, downtown. The event will speak generally to making sure multicultural students are on track when it comes to the college search process as well as specifically to Franklin College’s admissions process, financial aid and student life as a multicultural student. The best part? Students who attend will receive a $500 Aspire Grant upon enrollment at Franklin College!
- Do you use social media? IUPUI’s School of Philanthropy is looking for teens to participate in research for a new smart phone app. Study participants can earn up to $70. Flyers are available at Student Services.
- Interested in learning more about the law profession? See Mrs. Dorsey for information about a FREE camp in Indianapolis – the Summer Legal Institute.
Kai ta loipa
- Tablets must be returned to the Help Desk by the end of the week or charges will be issued out. Please turn them in as soon as possible. Yearbooks have been submitted for a second printing; they will arrive the week of June 17. Herron students will be notified via ONECALL once they are ready for pick-up. The Herron Website will begin accepting orders for the new Herron Yearbook for 2016 on June 1st.
- Attention, AP World History students: please turn in your textbooks before the end of the week in order to avoid being charged for a replacement.
- A reminder that school starts at 9:00 tomorrow, Friday, May 29th, 2015.