Monday, May 4, 2015
Clubs, Sports, and Office Hours
- There will be a call-out meeting for 2015-2016 Sideline Cheerleading on Monday, May 4 at 6:30 p.m. for all interested in trying out for cheer. Prospective cheerleaders and their parents are invited to attend. Location will be either in the cafeteria or the Lyceum. Cheerleading packets are located in the wall bins by student services desk.
- Wednesday after school in Russell 217, Japanese Club is hosting a special guest from the Japan America Society. We will learn about traditional tea ceremonies. All are welcome!
- All students interested in staying in Ms. Johnson’s extra office hour tonight can still do so. Mr. Renwick will be in room 234M for Ms. Johnson’s office hour.
- Mr. Moxley will not have Tuesday morning office hours this week.
- Roleplaying Society meets Friday from 4-5 in Russell 217.
- The baseball team starts the Marion County Tournament this afternoon at Scecina High School. Game time is at5:00 pm so please come out to Scecina to support us. All players will be released at 3:45 today.
- Open Gym for basketball is cancelled for tonight.
- Congratulations to the girls’ softball team for beating Heritage Christian 29-9 on Friday! This is the first time any Herron team has beaten Heritage and we are so proud of you!
- Model United Nations will meet this Wednesday after school in Mr. Bilbrey’s room.
- Cooking Club will be meeting after school in the Gallery tomorrow.
- HHS Arts Festival is around the corner on Saturday, May 16th. If you would like to enter an artwork into the student exhibit please submit your work to room 234M or 202 Russell by Friday May 8th. Make sure your name and email address or phone number is attached to each artwork on a separate piece of paper that is securely attached. Please see an art teacher or Reilly Gallogly for more details.
- The Art and Food Truck Festival is coming up on May 16 from 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. Come support Herron Arts, Music, Theatre and Athletics! The cost for the Food Truck Festival is $5. We hope to see you there.
- Are you ready to prove you’re the best? Gamers’ Club is hosting its Second Super Smash Bros. Tournament. The tournament concludes Tuesday, May 5th in Ms. Ernst’s room, 034 Main.
- The Europe Trip car wash has been rescheduled to May 16th from 9:00am to 2:00pm.
- A cheerleading clinic will be held May 6-8 at the Harrison Center. Flyers are at Student Services.
- Peace Learning Center is hosting a Social Justice Leadership Camp this summer from July 6-18. Stop by the Advising Office to get more information if you’re interested.
- Are you interested in getting a business degree in college? Kelley School of Business at IU is offering an amazing opportunity for minority students in grades 9-11. If selected you will travel to Bloomington one Saturday per month throughout next school year and participate in sessions at the Kelley School of Business. This is all free, including the transportation down to IU. Pick up a flyer at the table outside the Advising Office or ask any advisor. The application window is now open. Apply early.
- Attention, Hispanic/Latino students! IUPUI is hosting a Latino Youth Summit this summer. See Mrs. Dorsey or Ms. Knop if you are interested and would like more information.