« Back to News & Announcements
Tue, April 16, 2019
Friday, April 12th, 2019
Announcements – Friday, April 12, 2019
- Sophomores will take ISTEP Part 2 April 22nd & 23rd and should arrive by 8am. Classes will begin at 11 each day for all students.
- Riley Dance marathon is next week. It will take place on April 19th from 5:30 to 10:30 in the Gallery. Be sure to get involved with the following activities to show your support for the kids!Riley Dance Marathon Miracle Week is next week April 15th-19th. Students can participate in themed jeans day by paying a dollar. Your blue jeans must be free of rips, holes, tears, and decorations. No sweatpants, leggings, or shorts. The themes are: Monday: Wear Red for Riley – Students can wear a red shirt. Tuesday: Rock out FTK – Students can wear a shirt of their favorite band or musician (must be school appropriate). Wednesday: Superhero day – Students can wear a shirt of their favorite superhero, comic book character, or cartoon. Thursday: Run for Riley day – Students can wear a shirt or jersey of their favorite sports team. Jerseys must have a t-shirt underneath. Friday: Wear your Riley shirt day – Students can wear their Riley Dance Marathon shirts (this year or years past). Students are welcome to wear their Riley shirts Monday through Thursday but still must pay a dollar. This year’s Riley T shirts only get you a free jeans day on FRIDAY. Herron Uniform tops can also be worn any day with jeans with the purchase of a jeans day pass.
- If you would like to suggest a song to be played over the intercom on Fridays visit tinyurl.com/HHSDPPP
- Jazz Musicians: If you want to audition for Advanced Jazz Band, schedule one with Mr. Burgeson this week.
- Prom tickets on sale this week only during lunch-will not be sold at the door, $30 for one-$50 for two.
- Any students & teachers participating in Ms. Tuttle’s NBA Playoffs bracket competition can pick up a bracket in 217r today or tomorrow.
- Join LatinX Youth Coalition Monday afternoon (4/15) in R119 to discuss the challenges Puerto Rico faced during and after Hurricane Maria!
- Please Early release the Track & Field Team @ 3:30 so they may change, Travel & Prep for our meet at Decatur Central