« Back to News & Announcements
Tue, April 23, 2019
Friday, April 19,2019
Announcements – Friday, April 19, 2019
- Students may not leave campus before or after school and then return to campus. It is a violation of our closed campus policies. Students who do walk off campus to McDonald’s, CVS, the Foundry, and then return to campus will be assigned a 1 hour detention for violating our closed campus policies. After 4:15pm, students must report to 5th period if their ride has not arrived or they are not attending Office Hours. If students have completed office hours and their ride is not waiting for them, they must report directly to 5th period in the gallery.
- Sophomores will take ISTEP Part 2 April 22nd & 23rd and should arrive by 8am. Classes will begin at 11 each day for all students. Students taking ISTEP can pick up breakfast in the cafeteria from 7:45-8:00. Students not testing can pick up breakfast in the Gallery from 9:45-10:15.
- GSA will be collecting LGBTQIA-themed art for the Arts and Food Truck Festival. Please submit artwork to room 136m on or before April 26th.
- Riley Dance marathon is today! It will take place after school from 5:00 to 10:30 in the Gallery. Tickets are 10 dollars at the door or you get in with the purchase of a Riley shirt. Thank you to everyone who donated items for the Dance Marathon Advisory Competition. Mr. Riley’s advisory is the winning class with 675 points! Haulton came in 2nd with 448 points, and Scroggins was 3rd with 326 points.
- Juniors- Internship Applications are due May 1st! Please drop off applications in the Advising drop box outside Ms. Brigg’s office.
- Mr. Miranda’s Tuesday PM office hours have been switched to today after school for this week only.
- BCU will be hosting a meeting this Mon. 4/22 in 119R after school to discuss end of the year celebrations. Members are required to attend.
- We’re going on a WWII + Western Front trip in the summer of 2021! Come to our callout meeting: April 30 @ 6 in the Lyceum! See Ms. Ward for info!
- Come see your favorite Achaeans fight a witch, fell a giant, cast a spell, win – and lose a Princess. Into The Woods in the Herron High School theatre, this Friday & Saturday, next Thursday – Saturday, doors open @ 6:30 and next Sunday 4/28 doors at 2:00. $5.00 for students.
- Mrs. Hensel’s Monday morning office hours will be cancelled due to ISTEP testing.
- Your Achaean baseball team is on a 3 game winning streak. Please come out to watch on Friday, 5:30 pm, at Rhodius Park as we take on Tech.
- In order to prepare the gallery for the dance marathon, A3 and A4 seminars will meet in the cafeteria today. Health will be meeting in room 234M for A3 and A4.
- The freshmen class council is hosting a Dine to Donate at Greek’s Pizza! Next week, freshmen will receive a slip to present to the waiter. The slips are good for 2 weeks! Help your class raise money for events and activities!
- Herron blood drive will be Tuesday, April 30. See posters for sign-up details and the student services for consent forms.
- Classics Club will meet after school today in Russell 219. All are welcome!
- Join the French Club after school Wed. Apr. 24th in R204! All are welcome for snacks and francophile conversation!
- Mr. Paley’s Monday afternoon office hours are rescheduled to Thursday Morning.
- Fifth period will be held in room 120 by the front desk for today only.
- Both baseball games and softball games are cancelled tonight due to weather.