« Back to News & Announcements
Tue, April 16, 2019
Tuesday, April 16, 2019
Announcements – Tuesday, April 16, 2019
- Students may not leave campus before or after school and then return to campus. It is a violation of our closed campus policies. Students who do walk off campus to McDonald’s, CVS, the Foundry, and then return to campus will be assigned a 1 hour detention for violating our closed campus policies. After 4:15pm, students must report to 5th period if their ride has not arrived or they are not attending Office Hours. If students have completed office hours and their ride is not waiting for them, they must report directly to 5th period in the gallery.
- Sophomores will take ISTEP Part 2 April 22nd & 23rd and should arrive by 8am. Classes will begin at 11 each day for all students.
- GSA will be collecting LGBTQIA-themed art for the Arts and Food Truck Festival. Please submit artwork to room 136m on or before April 26th.
- Riley Dance marathon is this Friday. It will take place on April 19th from 5:00 to 10:30 in the Gallery. Tickets are 10 dollars at the door or you get in with the purchase of a Riley shirt. Riley shirts can be bought this week before school for $20. Don’t have any cash? You can use a credit/debit card to purchase a shirt at the jeans day table in Russell in the morning only. Riley Dance Marathon Miracle Week is this week. Students can participate in themed jeans day by paying a dollar. Your blue jeans must be free of rips, holes, tears, and decorations. No sweatpants, leggings, or shorts. The remaining themes are: Wednesday: Superhero day – Students can wear a shirt of their favorite superhero, comic book character, or cartoon. Thursday: Run for Riley day – Students can wear a shirt or jersey of their favorite sports team. Jerseys must have a t-shirt underneath. Friday: Wear your Riley shirt day – Students can wear their Riley Dance Marathon shirts (this year or years past). Students are welcome to wear their Riley shirts Monday through Thursday but still must pay a dollar. This year’s Riley T shirts only get you a free jeans day on FRIDAY. Herron Uniform tops can also be worn any day with jeans with the purchase of a jeans day pass. Riley will be hosting dine to donates at different restaurants this week. These include the following: Monday the 15th at Blaze Pizza, Tuesday the 16th at Chipotle, Thursday the 18th at Noodles and Company. Just mention Herron Dance Marathon and some of the proceeds will go to our total. Don’t forget to bring in snack/drink items for the advisory competition. 1 point for every item you bring in. Winning advisory earns a donut party.
- Juniors- Internship Applications are due May 1st! Please drop off applications in the Advising drop box outside Ms. Brigg’s office.
- Step/Dance practice Thursday 4:30 PM- 6:30 pm
- Ms. Kula’s Monday afternoon office hours are moved to today afternoon this week only.
- Creative Writing Club is moved to Wednesday PM after school in 253f, this week only. Come prep for Poem In Your Pocket Day!
- Mr. Miranda’s Tuesday PM office hours have been switched to Friday PM for this week only.
- The Swing Dance Club will meet today after school outside of room 213R.
- ASL Club will meet in room 213 R on Wednesday after school.
- Mr. Rowles’ Tuesday morning office hours have been moved to Wednesday morning for this week only.
- Gardening Club will garden today after school! Temperatures in the 70’s are predicted. Come ready to be outside! Meet in room 34.
- Today, all baseball players should be released by 3:45. Your Achaeans take on Morristown at Rhodius Park at 5:30.
- Academic Team will be dismissed at 3:30 pm today and should meet at the Russell desk before leaving for our Regional competition.
- Please dismiss the Boys Volleyball Team @ 3:30 today for their Matches with North Central & Columbus East.
- Your Achaean Baseball team is on a 3 game win streak! We beat Morristown last night, 15 – 2. Next up on Thursday at 5:30 is Lutheran.
- Please release the Softball team at 3:00 for their game at Greenwood Christian today.
- Girls tennis will be released at 3:45 today for their match against South Putnam.
- Teens for Life will meet tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. in the Conference Room. All are welcome.
- Japanese Club meets today after school in 251F!
- Congratulations to Rose Norman for being this weeks Achaean of the Week! Great work!
- Come see your favorite Achaeans fight a witch, fell a giant, cast a spell, win – and lose a Princess. Into The Woods in the Herron High School theatre, this Friday & Saturday, next Thursday – Saturday, doors open @ 6:30 and next Sunday 4/28 doors at 2:00. $5.00 for students.
- Congratulations to the following seniors on their college acceptances! Alethea Harnish to Columbia University, Spencer Bubenzer to Butler and Ball State, Adeline Burton to IUPUI and Corrin Earlywine to Purdue University.