Herron High School Campus is currently closed. E-Learning will continue throughout the 2019-20 school year.
« Back to News & Announcements
Tue, April 23, 2019
Wednesday, April 17,2019
Announcements – Wednesday, April 17, 2019
- Students may not leave campus before or after school and then return to campus. It is a violation of our closed campus policies. Students who do walk off campus to McDonald’s, CVS, the Foundry, and then return to campus will be assigned a 1 hour detention for violating our closed campus policies. After 4:15pm, students must report to 5th period if their ride has not arrived or they are not attending Office Hours. If students have completed office hours and their ride is not waiting for them, they must report directly to 5th period in the gallery.
- Sophomores will take ISTEP Part 2 April 22nd & 23rd and should arrive by 8am. Classes will begin at 11 each day for all students.
- GSA will be collecting LGBTQIA-themed art for the Arts and Food Truck Festival. Please submit artwork to room 136m on or before April 26th.
- Riley Dance marathon is this Friday. It will take place on April 19th from 5:00 to 10:30 in the Gallery. Tickets are 10 dollars at the door or you get in with the purchase of a Riley shirt. Riley shirts can be bought this week before school for $20. Don’t have any cash? You can use a credit/debit card to purchase a shirt at the jeans day table in Russell in the morning only. Riley Dance Marathon Miracle Week is this week. Students can participate in themed jeans day by paying a dollar. Your blue jeans must be free of rips, holes, tears, and decorations. No sweatpants, leggings, or shorts. The remaining themes are: Wednesday: Superhero day – Students can wear a shirt of their favorite superhero, comic book character, or cartoon. Thursday: Run for Riley day – Students can wear a shirt or jersey of their favorite sports team. Jerseys must have a t-shirt underneath. Friday: Wear your Riley shirt day – Students can wear their Riley Dance Marathon shirts (this year or years past). Students are welcome to wear their Riley shirts Monday through Thursday but still must pay a dollar. This year’s Riley T shirts only get you a free jeans day on FRIDAY. Herron Uniform tops can also be worn any day with jeans with the purchase of a jeans day pass. Riley will be hosting dine to donates at different restaurants this week. These include the following: Monday the 15th at Blaze Pizza, Tuesday the 16th at Chipotle, Thursday the 18th at Noodles and Company. Just mention Herron Dance Marathon and some of the proceeds will go to our total. Don’t forget to bring in snack/drink items for the advisory competition. 1 point for every item you bring in. Winning advisory earns a donut party.
- Juniors- Internship Applications are due May 1st! Please drop off applications in the Advising drop box outside Ms. Brigg’s office.
- Step/Dance practice Thursday 4:30 PM- 6:30 pm
- Creative Writing Club is moved to today after school in 253f, this week only. Come prep for Poem In Your Pocket Day!
- Mr. Miranda’s Tuesday PM office hours have been switched to Friday PM for this week only.
- ASL Club will meet in room 213 R today after school.
- BCU will be hosting a meeting this Mon. 4/22 in 119R after school to discuss end of the year celebrations. Members are required to attend.
- Track & Field EARLY release @3:30. Please release early for changing, prep & travel to our meet @ Lutheran HS. Carpool starts ASAP.
- Herron Boys Volleyball won two matches last night! Herron beat North Central in 3 sets and Columbus East in 2!
- Come support the Boys Volleyball Team tonight as they play Avon and Ben Davis at Christian Park at 6pm. It’s a home game – Pack the House!
- Congrats to Almut Leibold and Ahna Cherry for winning their tennis matches last night against South Putnam!
- Life Skills Club will meet after school today in Russell 219. All are welcome!
- We’re going on a WWII + Western Front trip in the summer of 2021! Come to our callout meeting: April 30 @ 6 in the Lyceum! See ward 4 info!
- Come see your favorite Achaeans fight a witch, fell a giant, cast a spell, win – and lose a Princess. Into The Woods in the Herron High School theatre, this Friday & Saturday, next Thursday – Saturday, doors open @ 6:30 and next Sunday 4/28 doors at 2:00. $5.00 for students.