Skip To Main Content

Enrollment FAQ

Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions

Herron High School participates in a unified enrollment effort through an organization called Enroll Indy ( to fill freshmen and transfer spots.

What is Enroll Indy?

Enroll Indy is an organization created to streamline the application process for students and their families. Families with an 8th grade student, or a transfer student who would like a 10th, 11th or 12th grade spot, should fill out the application and list Herron High School as their first choice.

Why does Indianapolis Classical Schools (Herron and Herron-Riverside High Schools) participate in Enroll Indy?

As Herron High School gained local and national recognition for our student success, we were faced with a decision on how to make the enrollment process more equitable for all families. Our waiting list was reaching upwards of 300-400 students. The addition of our second campus, Riverside High School, helped alleviate some of the waiting list, and by partnering with Enroll Indy, the enrollment process is more accessible for all families. This process also helps us fulfill our mission of offering a world-class education to students from diverse populations.

When will applications be accepted?

Applications will be available beginning in November. The deadline for round 1 of enrollment is January 24.  Families must apply online at No paper applications will be available, but families who do not have access to a computer or a mobile device may come to Herron High School to receive help in completing an application. Contact Shannon Hasper, Director of Enrollment, at or 317-995-9925 for assistance.

How does the application process work?

For more information about how to navigate the Enroll Indy application process, click here:

IMPORTANT NOTE: You may choose up to ten schools to which you can apply. If you are not willing to have your student attend a certain school, do NOT list that school just to fill the ten spaces. If your student will be applying to private schools or a district school, and Herron High School or Herron-Riverside High School are the only schools within the Enroll Indy system you have an interest in, then only list them, or the one you wish to attend, on the application. This is important to note as there are no waiting lists with the Enroll Indy system. The idea is to match students with the school they want the most within the system.

For more FAQs related to Enroll Indy, visit: 

Do I have to live within a certain boundary or area to apply?

No, anyone who lives in the state of Indiana can apply to Herron High School.

What happens if I do not get a seat at Herron High School?

If you do not match to Herron High School in the first round, you can select Herron during the second round, provided there are seats available.

When will I be notified of my match?

Dates for the enrollment windows are listed below:

  • Round one: November 1 – January 24; results emailed to the email address you provide on your application on February 22.

  • Round two: January 25 – April 19, results emailed to the email address you provide on your application on May 16.

  • Continued enrollment on a first-come, first served basis after April 20 as space permits

What steps will I need to take to secure my spot?

A timeline for securing your spot and submitting your paperwork will be emailed shortly after you receive your results email.

For more information, please contact Shannon Hasper, Director of Enrollment, 317-995-9925 or

What is the difference between enrollment and registration?

Enrollment is the process of applying and claiming a seat for your student. This process is managed for Enroll Indy’s partner schools through our OneMatch application. Registration is the paperwork (immunization records, birth certificate, etc.) and any additional next steps (such as orientations or assessments) required by the school once the student is enrolled. For questions about enrollment, please contact Enroll Indy for assistance. If you have questions about the registration process, you can contact your school directly.